The on-going COVID-19 global pandemic has affected every person and industry in the world.
Specifically, residential service delivery has had many adaptations as protocols and guidance change frequently. Our populations are at major risk due to age and underlying chronic health conditions.
As with any critical impact issue, we will always follow federal and local guidelines to the letter and take all reasonable measures to reduce the risk of transmission, keeping all of our members, member families, and our Good Neighbors safe and protected.
1. Acquire and maintain adequate supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE).
2. Train caregivers to assist with access to Telehealth resources.
3. Train caregivers on supporting COVID-19 patient recovery.
4. Develop and manage Continuity of Service Plans (COSP).
5. Implementing proper infection control procedures.
6. Screening assessments and reinforce standard precautions.
To ensure a healthy environment and to reduce the spread of Covid-19, all of our Good Neighbor employees are 100% vaccinated.